Professor McClure has clinical experience in emergency medicine, a PhD in injury epidemiology, specialist training in public health medicine, director roles of research institutes, and management experience in the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This has been enhanced by a number of opportunities over the years that broadened his perspective on Medical practice. Rod is now focused on facilitating education, research and practice opportunities for students, colleagues, and communities.
- Samarakkody, D., Davis, E., McClure, R.J. Grass Roots Injury Prevention: A practitioners guide. Practical Action Publishing, Rugby 2013 (ISBN 978-1-85339-802-5)
- Thompson, J., McClure, R., de Silva, A. A complex systems approach for understanding the effect of policy and management interventions on health system performance In Social-Behavioral Science Modeling for Complex systems Davis, P.K., O’Mahony, A., Pfautz, J. Eds Wiley NJ, USA 2019;809-831
- Cornelissen, M., Salmon, P.M., Stanton, N.A., McClure, R.J. If You Can’t Beat Them, Join them: Using Road Transport Methods to Communicate Ergonomics Methods’ Outcomes to Aid Road Design. Human Factors in Transportation: Social and Technological Evolution Across Maritime, Road, Rail, and Aviation Domains. CRC Press, USA 2016:195-209.
- Cornelissen, M., Salmon, P.M., Stanton, N.A., McClure, R.J., Human Factors now showing in 3D: presenting Human Factors analyses in time and space. In: Advances in Human Aspects of Road and Rail Transportation. (Ed) Neville A Stanton, CRC Press, USA 2012;134-143
- McClure, R.J. Impact of editorial direction Injury Prevention 2019;25:4
- McClure, R.J.We need more Randomised Controlled Trials in injury prevention Injury Prevention 2019;25:145
- McClure, R.J.Forging the future; is the injury prevention community a learning organization? Injury Prevention 2019;25:75
- McClure, R.J. In review. Injury Prevention 2018;24:395.
- McClure, R.J.Public involvement in the production, dissemination, and implementation of injury prevention research. Injury Prevention 2018;24:321-322.
- McClure, R.J. Injury Prevention: a multinational, international, transnational, or global journal? Injury Prevention 2018;24:249