Our advanced driving simulator allows us to examine driver behaviour in a range of different contexts (e.g. rail level crossings, new intersection designs, rural environments) and under various conditions (e.g. impairment through fatigue, distraction, alcohol or drugs).
The simulator is powered by OKTAL Scaner Software and has the following features:
- 3 x 1080p screens providing 135deg view;
- 5.1 surround sound;
- Realistic driving controls; and
- haptic feedback through steering wheel.
- evaluation of new rail level crossing designs
- examination of schema and situation awareness in drivers with and without driving experience
- visual attention in driving
For more information on our simulator, its capabilities, and its availability, please contact Paul Salmon, +61 7 5456 5893, firstname.lastname@example.org